5 Minute Grain-free, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
When going grain-free we always think of the foods we CAN’T eat. And pasta, and all of it’s iterations, inevitably ends up on everyone’s list. But, there’s hope! You don’t have to cut out pasta when you go grain-free. And you most certainly don’t need to skimp out on flavor either.
With that said, let’s talk about this recipe. It takes 5 mins to make and is perfect for those days when you don’t feel like cooking. Which, even as a cook I have those days.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1/2 jar of Primal Kitchen’s Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 package of Seapoint Farms Organic Edamame Pasta
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 package of maitake frondosa mushrooms (they’re very mild in flavor and have a great texture to them)
- Salt to taste
1. Bring 6–8 c of water to boil and add edamame noodles in. Add olive oil and give the noodles a light stir. Cover and cook for 4–5 mins.
2. Sauté the onions in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt on low/medium heat for 8 mins or until slightly browned.
3. Add the mushrooms in, and sauté for another 5 mins. Add a touch of salt to the mushrooms as well.
4. Add the Alfredo sauce. Give the sauce a stir. Cover and cook for 3–4 mins on low heat.
5. Once the pasta is cooked and strained, add it to a bowl. Pour the sauce on top and enjoy!
And remember, eat well to be well.
I hope this recipe helps when you’re in a pinch and need a quick, healthy meal.
For more recipes and my day-to-day life as a Health Coach follow me on IG @jeanniethehealthcoach
And for more information on me in general, visit my website at www.jeanniethehealthcoach.com .