To Cheat or Not to Cheat — It is Super Bowl Sunday Afterall
Super Bowl Sunday is a time of celebration! Or mourning, all depending on if your team is playing or not. It’s even a time of vengeance, where some may root against the team that beat their team. Either way, it’s an emotion filled day. But emotions aren’t the only filler of the day, foods and drinks are too. Super Bowl Sundays are always a day where people schedule their cheat days on. And for good reason. You can’t be the only one snaking on kale when your buddies are downing beer and tasty delectables to the left and right of you. But what if I told you that you could partake in tasty treats too! Treats that tasted like cheating, looked like cheating but weren’t cheating?
My tasty inflammation free Baked Pasta dish is sure to not disappoint. Being grain free, gluten free and dairy free can be hard on a big day like today, but I’m here to let you know that you can have tasty treats on Super Bowl Sunday that even your buddies will want to have. It’s just that this treat is side effect free! This pasta dish is the perfect dish to make for a big group of people gathering around for a day like Super Bowl Sunday, a Sunday dinner with family, or a great dish to have as some comfort food on a cold winters night. It’s freezer friendly too which means, cook once eat twice, thrice, however many times you want!
Here’s the how to and what you’ll need to make this delectable dish.
What you’ll need:
- Chick pea flour pasta
- One package of bison
- One jar sugar free marinara sauce
- Dairy free shredded cheese. Mozzarella and cheddar both work
- One onion
- Dried oregano
- Fennel seeds
Preheat your oven to 350°
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Once the water has boiled add one full package of your pasta to the water and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook as per the directions on the pasta or to taste. I cook my pasta until it’s just approaching al dente because we will be baking this dish, so keep that in mind. Once the pasta is mostly cooked, strain and set aside.
3. Cut up one onion — just a rough chop.
4. Add your onion to a large well oiled skillet and cook your onion on a a low temp for 5 mins. Add a pinch of salt to help with the flavor.
5. Once the onion is cooked add your package of ground meat.
6. With a wooden spatula chop the meat as it’s cooking.
7. After the meat has cooked for 5 mins add 2 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp fennel.
8. Keep cooking meat for another 7 mins.
8. Add 1 whole jar of marina sauce, stir and simmer on low-medium heat for 7 mins.
9. Once the sauce is cooked, add pasta and half the sauce to a large mixing bowl and stir both together.
10. Add your pasta and sauce mix to a bake safe casserole dish.
11. Put the rest of the sauce on top using a spatula to smooth it out.
12. Sprinkle the whole package of cheese on top.
14. Bake at 350° for 20 mins
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!
For more inflammation free recipes, tips and tricks follow me on instagram @jeannienahashon
And if you’d like to work with me as your Health Coach shoot me a message below, or visit my website at afyahealthcoaching.com ! You can even DM me on instagram!
- Jeannie Nahashon