Turkey Taco Casserole
Dinner inspo! Turkey Taco Casserole — Gluten-free, dairy-free!
This hearty taco casserole is a filling, easy-to-make, tasty recipe! It follows the rule “cook once, eat twice” and it’s freezer-friendly. Cook this meal and save it for those days when you just don’t feel like cooking. If you do freeze this meal, just add the toppings when you’re ready to eat it.
1. 3 cups cooked quinoa — follow the directions on the back of the bag. 1 cup raw quinoa should yield 3 cups cooked.
2. 1 lb ground dark turkey meat
3. 2 green bell peppers chopped
4. 1 white onion chopped
5. 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
6. 2 Tbsp tomato paste
7. 1 bag frozen corn
8. Salt to taste
1. 1 cup dairy-free cheese
2. 1–2 Tbsp dairy-free sour cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Add onions to a lightly oiled sauté pan with salt. Cover and cook onions down at low to medium heat for 7 mins.
3. Add ground turkey, tomato paste, and spice packet — stir well, cover and cook for 10 mins at the same temperature. Be sure to chop the meat with a spatula to give it that ground turkey texture.
4. After 10 mins, add the chopped bell peppers — cover and cook for 5 mins.
5. In a large bake-safe casserole dish, add the ground turkey mixture, frozen corn and 3 cups of cooked quinoa. Mix the ingredients, then top with dairy-free cheese. Use more if you’d like.
6. Bake for 10–15 mins or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with sour cream and a sprinkle of scallions.
The dairy-free products used were:
Cheese: Violife Foods 100% vegan cheese
Sour cream: Forager Project sour cream
Inspiration for this dish came from www.rachelpaulsfood.com.
Remember, eat well to be well.